Materials Science & Engineering
- (206) 543-6226
- MEB 205
- Multifunctional Materials Laboratory
- Ph.D., University of Colorado, 1998
- B.S. in Materials Science and Engineering, Tsinghua University, 1994
Professor Li's general research area is mechanical and physical
behaviors of advanced materials. He is particularly interested in
structure-property relationship of multifunctional materials. His
current research is focused on developing scanning probe microscopy
techniques and phase field models to uncover microstructural processes
in materials important for energy conversion and storage.
- Eshghinejad, Ahmadreza, Ehsan Nasr Esfahani, Peiqi Wang, Shuhong Xie, Timothy C. Geary, Stuart B. Adler, and Jiangyu Li. "Scanning thermo-ionic microscopy for probing local electrochemistry at the nanoscale." Journal of Applied Physics 119, no. 20 (2016): 205110.
- Liu, X. Y., Fei Yan, L. L. Niu, Qian Nataly Chen, H. R. Zheng, and J. Y. Li. "Strong correlation between early stage atherosclerosis and electromechanical coupling of aorta." Nanoscale 8, no. 13 (2016): 6975-6980.
- Wang, Peiqi, Qian Nataly Chen, Shuhong Xie, Xiaoyan Liu, and Jiangyu Li. "Enhanced lithium ion storage in nanoimprinted carbon." Applied Physics Letters 107, no. 4 (2015): 043904.
- Yang, Yang, Chihou Lei, Cun-Fa Gao, and Jiangyu Li. "Asymptotic homogenization of three-dimensional thermoelectric composites." Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids 76 (2015): 98-126.
- Chen, Qian Nataly, Stuart B. Adler, and Jiangyu Li. "Imaging space charge regions in Sm-doped ceria using electrochemical strain microscopy." Applied Physics Letters 105, no. 20 (2014): 201602.
- Liu, Yuanming, Hong-Ling Cai, Matthew Zelisko, Yunjie Wang, Jinglan Sun, Fei Yan, Feiyue Ma et al. "Ferroelectric switching of elastin." Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 111, no. 27 (2014): E2780-E2786.
- Liu, Yuanming, Yunjie Wang, Ming-Jay Chow, Nataly Q. Chen, Feiyue Ma, Yanhang Zhang, and Jiangyu Li. "Glucose suppresses biological ferroelectricity in aortic elastin." Physical review letters 110, no. 16 (2013): 168101.
- Fu, Da-Wei, Hong-Ling Cai, Yuanming Liu, Qiong Ye, Wen Zhang, Yi Zhang, Xue-Yuan Chen et al. "Diisopropylammonium bromide is a high-temperature molecular ferroelectric crystal." Science 339, no. 6118 (2013): 425-428.
Honors & awards
- ASME Sia Nemat-Nasser Early Career Medal
Tiny probe could improve batteries
ME professor Jiangyu Li and colleagues have developed a tiny probe capable of reading variations in the nanoscale...