Reserving a conference room and IT equipment
Faculty and staff
- Access the Room and Equipment calendar.
- Select a conference room or equipment needed to open up the calendar. Select an available time and click +Add to input details for your reservation.
For technical questions related to online reservation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please write to email@example.com to request conference room space or use of department equipment. Provide details such as preferred location, date, time, group size and whether you can be flexible around other scheduled meetings. If you are reserving for a faculty, or research group, let her know. If no conference room space is available, look for space in the library (2 weeks in advance only) or request classroom space using the directions below.
Reserving classroom space for one-time events or RSO meeting
Faculty, staff and students
- Locate an available classroom space by accessing 25Live. NetID and password required.
Submit classroom request directly to the Time Schedule Office. You will receive an automatic reply letting you know they received your request and you will be assigned a ticket number.
Response time can vary widely. Typically, confirmations are received around 3 to 7 business days, but it’s common to wait weeks before getting a response. Requests are processed in priority of date, not in the order received. Requesting too far in advance (such as a quarter ahead) will not be allowed and will likely sit without a response.
Want a quicker, more streamlined response? Here are some helpful tips
- Indicate that you are requesting for an event by creating the subject line, “One Time Room Request: [DATE], [TIME], [PREFERED LOCATION]”
- Be sure to include all necessary information in the first try. You must include the following:
- Time (stick with typical course times, ex: 12:30 – 1:20pm is OK, 12:30 – 1:30pm is not allowed)
- Preferred location as identified from the online calendar or approx. size of room needed
- The purpose for the event. If the event is for an RSO event, let them know your club or team name. If the event is related to a course, let them know the SLN and course number corresponding to the class. If the event is for a master’s or PhD general exam, final exam, etc., let them know your department and exam type)
- If you will be charging a fee
- If you will be inviting guests from outside of the UW Community
- If you will be serving alcohol
- Submit a request with enough time to receive a confirmation. If your event is scheduled within a couple days, you may have to use the space without an official reservation. Locate multiple open rooms in the event one is already in use.
- Reserving during finals week? Keep in mind the times for reservations must fall within final schedules, so reserve only in two-hour blocks starting 8:30am, 10:30am, etc.
- To view images and layouts of the rooms, visit: https://www.washington.edu/classroom/
- Under the Locations tab on 25Live, select More Search Options to search by building, capacity, or a specific need such as movable tables.