- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, University of Washington, 2006
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering University of Washington, 2002
- Engineering Diploma, Yaroslavl Polytechnic Institute, Russia, 1993
Dr. Novosselov joined the department in 2014. Prior to joining the department, he worked as an R&D Manager and Sr. Research Scientist developing aerosol sampling instrumentation for nanoparticles, biological and chemical aerosols. His previous projects focused on characterization using the underlying physical principles governing particulate matter formation, the behavior of aerosol in the environment, and aerosol analysis. Other research included modeling of pollution formation and stability of the combustion systems using computational fluid dynamics and chemical reactor network modeling.
Novosselov Research Group (NGR) conducts a range of basic and applied research in the areas of fluids dynamics and energy. The multidisciplinary research at the NRG laboratory spans several areas, namely: sampling and analysis of particulate matter, particle surface interaction in the boundary layer, ionized flow near surfaces, combustion aerosol synthesis and deposition, modeled based combustion control, and chemical kinetics in supercritical water reactor. NGR's research in energy and fluids is united by applying the first principles to solve practical problems in Aerosol Science and Energy Conversion systems.
For more information of NGR's current projects, visit the NGR website.
- K. Boyd Fackler, Megan Karalus, Igor Novosselov, John Kramlich, and Philip Malte. NOx Behavior for Lean-Premixed Combustion of Alternative Gaseous Fuels, Journal of Engineering for Gas Turbines and Power, GTP-15-1364 (2015).
- S Vijlee, J. Kramlich, I Novosselov. Effects of Composition on the Flame Stabilizaztion of Alternative Aviation Fuels in a Toroidal Well Stirred Reactor, Proceeding of Turbo Expo 2015, GT2015-43014
- Novosselov I, Gorder R; Van Amberg, J; Ariessohn, Peter; Design and Performance of a Low-cost Micro-channel Aerosol Collector, Aerosol Science and Technology, Vol. 48, Iss. 8, pages 822-830, 2014
- Rajan Chakrabarty,
Igor Novosselov, Nicolas Beres, Hans Moosmuller, C M Sorenson, and Christopher Stipe. Gravity-induced Trapping and Aerogelation of Nanoparticles in Hydrocarbon Flames", Appl. Phys. Lett. 104, 243103 (2014)
- Igor V. Novosselov, Peter C. Ariessohn: Rectangular Slit Atmospheric Pressure Aerodynamic Lens Aerosol Concentrator, Aerosol Science and Technology, Vol. 48, Iss. 2, 2014
- Ryan Keedy, Evan Dengler, Peter Ariessohn, Igor Novosselov, Alberto Aliseda: Removal Rates of Explosive Particles from Surfaces by Impingement of a Gas Jet, Aerosol Science and Technology, v 46, n 2, p 148-155, 2012
- K. Boyd Fackler, Megan F. Karalus, Igor V. Novosselov, John C. Kramlich, and Philip C. Malte: Experimental and Numerical Study of NOX Formation from the Lean Premixed Combustion of CH4 Mixed with CO2 and N2, Journal of Engineering for Gas Turbines and Power, v 133, n 12, 2011
- Novosselov IV, Malte PC: Development and Application of an 8-Step Global Mechanism for CFD and CRN Simulations of Lean-Premixed Combustors, Journal of Engineering for Gas Turbines and Power, v130, n 2, March 2008
- Igor V Novosselov, Peter C Ariessohn, Evan D Dengler, Michelle Hickner: Particle interrogation devices and methods. US Patent 8561486, 10/22/2013
- Peter C Ariessohn, Igor V Novosselov: Aerosol Collection Apparatus and Methods. US Patent 8539840, 09/24/2013
- Igor V Novosselov, Peter C Ariessohn: Omnidirectional Aerosol Sampling Intake. US Patent 8475577, 07/02/2013
- Igor V Novosselov, Peter C Ariessohn, Evan D Dengler, Michelle Hickner: Particle interrogation devices and methods. US Patent 8307723, 11/13/2012
- Ariessohn PC, Novosselov IV: Skimmer for Concentrating an Aerosol, US Patent 7875095, 01/25/2011