2024 graduation events
The Mechanical Engineering cordially invites family and friends to join us to honor the accomplishments of our 2024 graduates. Please find more details about the Graduation Celebrations below.
On Saturday, June 8, 2024, Huskies from around the world will once again take the field at Husky Stadium to celebrate their accomplishments, more details can be found on the UW Commencement website.
ME Department Graduation Celebration
We are excited for the 2024 ME Graduation Celebration, where we will welcome the Class of 2024 and recent graduates back to campus to celebrate in person! The celebration will be held on Sunday, June 9, 2024, at Meany Hall.
Final steps before you graduate
Apply for your degree
In order to formally graduate (i.e., earn your degree), students must apply for their degree. You may do this two quarters in advance. To submit a request to file for graduation, please see departmental Canvas page under “Graduation.”
Not sure if you’ve applied? You can verify the quarter you have applied to graduate by running a degree audit (DARS). If you have successfully filed, your anticipated quarter will show prominently on the top right corner.
File a spring MS degree request or schedule a spring PhD final exam in MyGrad by April 30
Complete MyGrad tasks, which makes you eligible to register for Commencement. Then, write to your academic adviser directly to inform them that you are in fact a summer quarter graduate. Your request will be canceled at the end of spring quarter and you will re-file during summer quarter.
- Set up email forwarding and migrate personal files off of UW servers
- You will soon lose access to your UW email inbox and UW file storage/drives. Set up email forwarding on your UW account so that you will continue to receive messages sent to your UW email address, and migrate all personal files off of UW servers (U Drive, Google Drive, etc.).
- Double-check in MyUW which option you have selected and that your mailing and permanent addresses are accurate.
- Diplomas are mailed to the student’s address selected on MyUW (local or permanent) two to three months following graduation.
Connect with the department via LinkedIn
- Now’s your chance! Invite classmates, professors and staff members to connect with you to start building your network of professional contacts.
- Add University of Washington Mechanical Engineering to the Education section of your LinkedIn profile to show you’re a graduate of the department.
- Follow ME’s page to get the latest news and updates from the department in your feed.
Register for Commencement and/or ME Department Celebration
- To attend UW Commencement
- RSVP to ME's department celebration (sent via email in May)