In addition to its 3rd place overall win, the UW team scored highly in several subcategories: 1st in endurance, 2nd in engineering design and 3rd in business presentation, and was the runner-up for the Cummins Innovative Design Award.
While the team has achieved great success with combustion vehicles at competitions in previous years, this was the first year it focused solely on electric. Great work – Go Dawgs!
Congratulations to the ME faculty, students and staff members who received 2018 College of Engineering Awards:
- Junior Faculty Award: Steven Brunton
- Faculty Research Award: James Riley
- Student Teaching Award: Soyoung Kim
- Classified Staff Award: Kendra Burdett
- Team Award: Engineering Innovation in Health teaching team — Jonathan Liu, Jonathan Posner, Eric Seibel and Kat Steele
The College of Engineering Awards acknowledge the extraordinary efforts of the college’s teaching and research assistants, staff and faculty members. Award recipients and nominees will be honored at a college-wide reception on Thursday, May 24, 2018.