Corie L. Cobb
Prior to joining the Mechanical Engineering Department, Corie L. Cobb
was part of the Palo Alto Research Center (PARC), Inc. where she was a
Senior Member of Research Staff leading research projects on advanced
manufacturing technologies for solar cells, batteries and high strength
and toughness materials. At PARC, Professor Cobb specialized in
computational analysis, hardware design and process development for
printing and patterning of multi-functional materials. Her research has
been funded by grants from DOE EERE, ARPA-E, DARPA and industrial
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, University of California, Berkeley, 2008
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Stanford University, 2004
- B.S. in Product Design, Stanford University, 2002
- Palo Alto Research Center (PARC), Inc., Senior Member of Research Staff, 2010-2017
- Applied Materials, Mechanical Engineer, 2008-2010
The long-term focus of Professor Cobb’s research at the UW is to
investigate novel manufacturing and design methods that enable next
generation energy devices and materials with unprecedented performance
- C.L. Cobb, J. Hey, A.M. Agogino, S.L. Beckman, and S. Kim, “What Alumni Value from New Product Development Education: A Longitudinal Study,” Advances in Engineering Education, Vol. 5, Issue 1, pp. 1-37, 2016.
- L.P. Richter, G. Fischer, L. Sylla, M. Hentsche, S. Steckemetz, M. Müller, C.L. Cobb, S.E. Solberg, R. Rao, S. Elrod, P. Palinginis, E. Schneiderlöchner, H. Neuhaus, “Progress in Fine Line Metallization by Co-extrusion Printing on Cast Mono Silicon PERC Solar Cells,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, Vol. 142, pp. 18-23, 2015.
- C.L. Cobb and M. Blanco, “Modeling Mass and Density Distribution Effects on the Performance of Co-extruded Electrodes for High Energy Density Lithium-ion Batteries,” Journal of Power Sources, Vol. 249, pp. 357-366, 2014.
- C.L. Cobb and S.E. Solberg, “Micro-Extrusion Printhead with Offset Orifices for Generating Gridlines on Non-Square Substrates,” November 2014, US Patent No. 8,875,653.
- K. Littau, C.L. Cobb, S. Solberg, M. Weisberg, N. Chang, and A. Rodkin, “Developments in MEMS scale printable alkaline and Li-ion technology,” In Proc. of 2011 SPIE Micro- and Nanotechnology Sensors, Systems, and Applications III, # 80311L, pp. 1-10 (Invited Paper).
- C.L. Cobb and A.M. Agogino, “Case-based Reasoning for Evolutionary MEMS Design,” Journal of Computing and Information Science in Engineering, Vol. 10, Issue 3, 031005, 2010.
- C.L. Cobb, A.M. Agogino, S.L. Beckman, and L. Speer, “Enabling and Characterizing Successful Social Entrepreneurship in New Product Development Teams,” International Journal of Engineering Education, Vol. 24, Issue 2, pp. 420-433, 2008.
- C.L. Cobb, Y. Zhang, A.M. Agogino, and J. Mangold, “Knowledge-based Evolutionary Linkage in MEMS Design Synthesis,” Book Chapter in: Linkage in Evolutionary Computation (Y.-P. Chen; M.-H. Lim (Eds.)), Studies in Computational Intelligence, 157, pp. 461-483, 2008.
Honors & awards
- NAE China-America Frontiers of Engineering Symposium (Invited Participant), 2015
- Alfred P. Sloan Scholar, 2005
- Bell Labs Cooperative Research Fellowship Program Fellow, 2002