Fellowships provide financial support to students pursuing graduate studies without associated teaching or research responsibilities. They are intended to fund your academic study and research. Fellowships may be offered by department, the University, the federal government or private agencies.
Every fellowship has different provisions, so take note of what is offered. After you receive a fellowship, remember it is your responsibility to ensure all requirements are met, such as enrollment or reporting to the funding agency.
These are some samples of fellowship awards for our graduate students:
- Mechanical Engineering Department Endowed Fellowships
- College of Engineering Dean’s Fellowship
- Graduate Student Equity & Excellence (GSEE) Graduate Excellence
- Graduate School Top Scholar Award
- National Science Foundation (NSF) Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP)
- National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate (NDSEG) Fellowship Program [ndsegfellowships.smapply.org]
- GEM Fellowship Program [gemfellowship.org]
- Achievement Rewards for College Scientists (ARCS) [arcsfoundation.org]
- UW Clean Energy Institute (CEI) Graduate Fellowships
- TL1 Translational Research Training program [iths.org]
- Gatzert Child Welfare Fellowship
- Hertz Foundation Fellowship [hertzfoundation.org]
- Fulbright Foreign Student Program [foreign.fulbrightonline.org]