Are you interested in learning more about the Mechanical Engineering program? Please join us for a small group information session. An undergraduate academic adviser will guide a small group discussion (typically 2 or 3 students, maximum of 6) geared towards providing an overview of the program, information on departmental admissions and next steps, as well as answering any questions you may have. Sessions are offered throughout the year. Appointments are required.
Information sessions will be organized into the following groups. To schedule an appointment, please select the student type that best applies to you on the appointment page.
- High school students (parents welcome)
- Current high school students and running start students interested in applying to the College of Engineering through Direct-to-College.
- Engineering Undeclared Students
- Students admitted to the College of Engineering through Direct-to-College. Must be assigned to major code as Engineering Undeclared.
- Community College Transfer Students, Pre-Engineering Students, Interest Changers
- UW students admitted as freshmen in 2017 or earlier OR UW students admitted after autumn 2017 to majors other than Engineering Undeclared OR students applying from community colleges or universities OR post-bac students applying to the department.
Mechanical Engineering undergraduate advising is located on the 1st floor, on the southwest end of the Mechanical Engineering Building on UW Seattle’s main campus. When arriving for an appointment, please sign in at the front office in MEB 143.
For tours of campus and residential life, please visit Office of Admissions.
If you are unable to attend an information session but wish to meet with an adviser, please email us. We are unable to accomodate drop in advising for non-majors so please schedule an appointment before arriving to campus.