Are you interested in learning more about the Mechanical Engineering program? Please join us for a small group information session. An undergraduate academic adviser will guide a small group discussion (typically 2 or 3 students maximum) geared towards providing an overview of the program, information on departmental admissions and next steps, as well as answering any questions you may have. Sessions are offered throughout the year. Appointments are required.
Information sessions will be organized into the following groups. To schedule an appointment, please select the student type that best applies to you on the appointment page.
- High school students (parents welcome)
- Current high school students and running start students interested in applying to the College of Engineering through Direct-to-College.
- UW Undergraduates
- For current UW freshmen and sophomores interested in the Mechanical Engineering major.
- Community College Transfer Students
- Students applying from community college, other universities or post-bac students applying to the department through upper division admission.
Mechanical Engineering undergraduate advising is located on the 1st floor, on the southwest end of the Mechanical Engineering Building on UW Seattle’s main campus. When arriving for an appointment, please sign in at the front office in MEB 143.
For tours of campus and residential life, please visit Office of Admissions.
If you are unable to attend an information session but wish to meet with an adviser, please email us. We are unable to accommodate drop in advising for non-majors so please schedule an appointment before arriving to campus.