- Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering, University of California, Santa Barbara
- M.S. Mechanical Engineering, University of California, Santa Barbara
- Bachelor of Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India
Santosh Devasia received the B.Tech. (Hons) from the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India, in 1988, and the M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in Mechanical Engineering from the University of California at Santa Barbara in 1990 and 1993 respectively. He is currently the Associate Dean of Research and Faculty Affairs in the College of Engineering and a Professor of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Washington, Seattle where he joined in 2000. In addition to directing the Precision Controls Laboratory, he serves as the Associate Director of the Boeing Advanced Research Center at the University of Washington, which focuses on the manufacturing and assembly of aircraft and spacecraft structures. His current research interests include: iterative control and its application to human-machine interaction; mechatronics applications in nanopositioning, manufacturing and robotics; and biomedical applications such as mixing and separation with soft actuators.
Santosh Devasia's current research interests include: iterative control and its application to human-machine interaction; distributed systems, manufacturing and robotics; and biomedical applications such as mixing and separation with soft actuators.
For an overview of his current research projects, visit his faculty website.
Honors and awards
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers Fellow
- A. Boekfah and S. Devasia “Feedforward-based Output-Boundary Regulation for Nonminimum-Phase Systems,” IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, Vol.24 (1), pp. 265-275, January 2016.
- B. P. Smith, M. Ashrafi, M. E. Tuttle, and S. Devasia “Bondline Temperature Control for Joining Composites with an Embedded Heater,” ASME Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, Vol.138 (2), Article number 021011, pp. 1-9, February 2016.
- S. Devasia “Iterative Learning Control with Time-Partitioned Update for Collaborative Output Tracking,”Automatica, Vol. 69, pp. 258-264, July 2016.
- S. Devasia, and A. Lee “Scalable Low-Cost-Unmanned-Aerial-Vehicle Traffic Network,”AIAA Journal of Air Transportation, Vol. 24 (3), pp. 74-83, July 2016.
- R. Warrier, and S. Devasia “Iterative Learning from Novice Human Demonstrations for Output Tracking,” IEEE Transactions on Human-Machine Systems, Vol. 46 (4), pp. 510-521, August 2016.