Online appointments available
Advisers are available to meet remotely via Zoom during our regular advising hours.
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME)
The Bachelor of Science (BSME) program prepares students for diverse careers in engineering, industry or graduate work.
Courses explore fundamental principles of mechanical engineering and their application to modern technological problems. Students collaborate on interdisciplinary work where they research and design creative, leading-edge solutions to these problems.
- Fundamental coursework in energy engineering, fluid and solid mechanics, heat and mass transfer, dynamics and vibrations, mechatronics and robotics, biomechanics, acoustics, materials, design, controls and manufacturing.
- All students participate in laboratory courses and research or design projects.
- Teamwork, communication and problem-solving skills development, systems analysis, process and product design, prototyping and interdisciplinary projects.
- Concentrations available in mechatronics, nanoscience and molecular engineering, biomechanics, energy, and engineering innovation in health.
- 65 scholarships awarded by the department
- 3.67: Average cumulative GPA of incoming undergraduates
- 4 years: Average time to receive the BSME degree
Our curriculum focuses on the study of the following topics:
In addition to rigorous courses, undergraduates complete a senior design project, or capstone, and can undertake formal degree options. Students are encouraged to participate in extracurricular student projects and competitions and undergraduate research.