Undergraduate advising team & resources

Lynn Girardeau portrait Lynn Girardeau
Undergraduate adviser
  MEB 143B
Kendra Burdett portrait Kendra Burdett
Undergraduate program coordinator
  MEB 143A

Schedule an advising appointment

The undergraduate advising team is here to help with any questions you have about your degree. Contact the undergraduate adviser, Lynn Girardeau, for questions about degree requirement and procedures, course electives and options, and special projects or extracurricular organizations. Contact the undergraduate program coordinator, Kendra Burdett, for help with entry codes, registration, and special projects forms.


Graduation Petition Form
To request a substitution of any departmental or college requirement

499H Research Permission Form

Honors Program Form

Special Projects Registration Form
For ME 495/498/499

ME Course Planning Sheet
For 2017–2018

Advising resources

BSME distribution list

BSMENEWS is an email distribution list for all undergraduate Mechanical Engineering students. It is a news list to keep students informed of current events in the Department such as student society meetings, seminars, ME intramural sports, class registration, and program changes.

Engineer-in-Training Certificate

The State of Washington Board of Registration offers the Engineering in Training (aka Fundamentals of Engineering) Exam, which is a computer-based exam that is administered year-round. For more information visit the Washington State Department of Licensing.


The College of Engineering and the Department of Mechanical Engineering offer a limited number of academic and need based scholarships. The scholarship applications open at designated points in the year, and funds are awarded annually. Visit the College of Engineering scholarship website for more information.

The Office of Merit Scholarships, Fellowships & Awards (OMSFA) provides UW students with information about merit based awards and offers workshops on how to search and apply for scholarships.