Online appointments available
Advisers are available to meet remotely via Zoom during our regular advising hours.
Undergraduate advising team & resources
- Graduation Petition Form
To request a substitution of any departmental or college requirement
- 499H Research Permission Form
- Honors Program Form
- Special Projects Registration Form
For ME 299/495/499
- ME Course Planning Sheet
- Course Conflict Registration Form
- Use this form to register for a course with a time conflict
- Register for the more essential course (whatever is likely to fill first or a class outside of our department).
- Request permission from both instructors. If the conflict is under an hour, verbal or email consent is all you need. If the conflict is over an hour, they will both need to sign your form.
- Request an entry code for the second class you'd like to add by contacting a departmental adviser. This code will need to be added onto your form.
- When the form is complete, you take it to 225 Schmitz Hall and they will register you.
BSME distribution list
BSMENEWS is an email distribution list for all undergraduate Mechanical Engineering students. It is a news list to keep students informed of current events in the Department such as student society meetings, seminars, ME intramural sports, class registration, and program changes.
The State of Washington Board of Registration offers the Engineering in Training (aka Fundamentals of Engineering) Exam, which is a computer-based exam that is administered year-round. For more information visit the Washington State Department of Licensing.
The College of Engineering and the Department of Mechanical Engineering offer a limited number of academic and need based scholarships. The scholarship applications open at designated points in the year, and funds are awarded annually. Visit the College of Engineering scholarship website for more information.
The Office of Merit Scholarships, Fellowships & Awards (OMSFA) provides UW students with information about merit based awards and offers workshops on how to search and apply for scholarships.